PLEASE NOMINATE US IN THE WORTHING BUSINESS AWARDS 2009 TODAY BY CLICKING HERE
Thank you to everyone who nominated us during the 2008 Worthing Business Awards. Last year we were shortlisted for:
• Best Website • Best Microbiz • Best Marketing
We were proud to walk away with Best Microbiz 2008.
In between last year and this year, you may have noticed that has been a recession 🙁 This has not stopped us! We restructured The Brand Surgery in good time to make our future rosy (pink of course), and in May, we took on a graduate graphic designer from Northbrook College, called Jody, and a web developer called Dean. Business is booming!
We realise your time is precious, and we truly appreciate your nominations for the following categories (one, two or all!):
• MicroBusiness of the Year Award 2009 (1 to 5 employees) Need we say more!?
Award description from the organisers: Whether home, office or workshop based, this is a showcase for those businesses with 1-5 employees. We want to receive nominations for dynamic and innovative businesses with customer service par-excellence and that little something extra which mark them out in the thriving ultra small sector.
• Business Marketing and Promotion Award 2009 For all our funky newsletters, doctors uniforms at networking and our PR (Worthing Birdman etc)
Award description from the organisers: We want to know which Worthing business is the best at marketing itself. Honesty, taste and integrity are a given but we’re looking for innovation and creativity whether in print, image, web or other media. So which Worthing business has done the best marketing job over the past year? You tell us.
• Business in the Community Award 2009 For www.letsrebrandbritain.co.uk and taking on work experience children from local schools
Award description from the organisers: So many Worthing Businesses give so much back. Whether it’s charity work, helping schools and colleges, or community groups this award is designed to say a big thank you to a business that takes time to care. Voted for by Worthing Herald readers.
• Education, Training and Development Award 2009 Our unique training formula to transform Jody from graduate to commercial graphic designer, and the work experience kids from Worthing schools we take on.
Award description from the organisers: Education, training and employee development are the keys to business success. The winner of this category will have demonstrated real commitment to developing and motivating their workforce at a time when the cost/benefit equation is more important than ever.
• Worthing Business Person of the Year 2009 For Vicky Vaughan – THE BOSS! For her continuing strength, stamina, GSOH (even in a recession) and passion to exterminate bad branding and to help her clients’ businesses grow.
Award description from the organisers: Ego, personality, humour, business savvy, commitment and a fair smattering of humanity? You decide. In this category we’re looking for Worthing’s Business Person of the Year 2009. This winner will surely stand out from the crowd.